September is designated as Self-Improvement Month. The observance reminds people that they can always make themselves better in many aspects of their life—including their personal relationships, education, career, and more.
I encourage business and website owners to find ways to improve not just personally but their business, too. Websites must be constantly updated to embrace new technologies and enhanced to cater to customers’ changing needs. On-going education is a great way to stay current on trends, and here are some of the best SEO blogs out there to keep you up to par.
- The Moz Blog – SEO and inbound marketing blog Moz provides readers the opportunity to broaden their SEO with marketing resources for various skill levels. The blog shares best practices, survey results, webinars, and much more. It offers readers “The Free Beginner’s Guide to Social Media,” a treasure chest of information for social media novices. Moz is a search engine optimization company based in Seattle, Washington that serves as a hub for search marketers globally. The company’s blog features advice from the industry’s top pundits, research, insights, and other information.
- Search Engine Land – A must-read blog keeps you up to date on the latest Google algorithm changes, upcoming search engine features, and other facets of online marketing outside of search, too.
- Search Engine Journal – SEJ provides daily coverage of the marketing world with guides for conducting in-depth studies, observational articles from guest contributors, and news reports that focus on digital marketing, social media, and search engine optimization. There are about 21 posts each week.
- r/SEO – Based in San Francisco California, Reddit has an SEO category (among every other category imaginable) that features everything you need to know about search engine optimization and related topics. It is a community for people looking for tips, case studies, and SEO news.
- Neil Patel: Helping You Succeed Through Online Marketing – Generally regarded as one of the top influencers on the web, Patel helps established companies grow their revenues. Patel is considered one of the best online marketers in the country.
As the old saying goes, learn from others’ mistakes. You can avoid a number of mistakes and accelerate your website’s growth by learning tactics and opportunities from high-quality blogs. Think of them as a private tutorial for growing and improving your business.