Vision is probably one of the senses that we most take for granted. Especially for web designers, search engine optimization experts, and others that work at a computer all day. For you, vision can degenerate at a faster rate. However, there are ways to minimize degeneration of the eyes by practicing safe work habits.
- Sit at arm’s length away from your monitor. Sitting too close is a main trigger for eye strain. If your monitor is larger, sit further back.
- Tilt the monitor up a little. This will allow you to see the whole screen more clearly.
- Avoid positioning your monitor where the light will reflect on your monitor. By reducing glare you will reduce eye strain.
- If glare is unavoidable, consider using an anti-glare monitor.
- Rest your eyes by closing them for a few minutes after every few hours of work.
- Switch up your eye’s color stimulation by looking away from a monitor to look at a “cool” color, like green.
- Toss in some eye drops if your eyes are feeling dry.