Video content has reached unprecedented heights in recent years. Adding videos to your SEO strategy can help boost your website’s rankings.
Consider the following ideas for making videos work for you:
- Add value – Make sure your videos aren’t just “fluff.” They should contain relevant, worthwhile content. Quality videos can help you build a relationship with your audience and increase conversions.
- Host or embed videos on own domain – To improve the ranking of your site through the addition of videos, make sure that you are hosting or embedding the video on your own domain to prevent search engines from directing traffic to another site.
- Create interactive content – You can engage your viewers by adding interactive elements to your videos like captions or an annotation to grab users’ attention.
- Create relevant metadata – Search engines will be better able to index your video if you provide clear details. These should include the title of the video, the description, and a thumbnail.
- Optimize with keywords – Keywords are also important in video SEO. Make sure to include phrases and keywords in your video’s description that are most relevant to your target audience.
- Focus on the thumbnail – Users will notice the video thumbnail first, affecting their decision to click or not. Pick a clear thumbnail that is relevant to the content.
- Make content shareable – Focus on making a video that your audience will appreciate and want to share with others.
Video is not going away any time soon. Embrace the trend by using videos to increase your site’s rankings.