When you think of blogs, you probably think of text. But for maximum effect, a blog should be more than just words on the page. It should be a harmonious combination of text, images, and other multi-media elements.
Here are a few reasons to include images in your blog posts:
- Eye-catching – Everybody knows that a picture is worth a thousand words. Use relevant, high-quality images to increase the visual appeal of your blog.
- More content – Long blog posts tend to look more credible. Adding an image to your blog won’t drive up the word count, but it can make your article look longer and meatier.
- Pictures say it better – Sometimes you can convey with just one picture what it would take countless words to convey. Images and infographics can help you get your meaning across—and they’re a lot more fun to look at than plain old words.
- More traffic – When you optimize the alt text and image description of an image, the search engines will take note and may rank you higher in search results.
- Shareable content – Visual content resonates well with social media users. Optimize your images for social media sharing for extra traction.
If you’re a text-only blogger, make a point of including a couple of optimized images per blog. It will pay off in increased traffic and conversions.