With the Fourth of July approaching, people have an excuse to break from their normal activities. They can unwind with family members and friends while barbecuing, playing ball games, and watching the fireworks. The Fourth also marks one of the busiest shopping times of the year, with consumers spending billions over the holiday weekend.
Businesses can cash in on the summer spending frenzy with the help of a good marketing plan. If you’re looking to rev up your sales for Independence Day, here are a few strategies to get you started:
- Give things away — Everybody loves free stuff. Consider giving away a freebie with each purchase. Giveaways could be patriotic, including red, white, and blue cooler sacks, visors, pens, balls, Frisbees, etc.
- Offer shipping specials — Provide your customers with a shipping discount (if not free shipping) as part of your Fourth of July special. Send your subscribers a code that they could use to get free or discounted shipping for items purchased during this period.
- Join or sponsor a local event — By helping with a local Independence Day event, such as parades or fireworks, you can bring visibility to your business. Put up banners at the event venue days before the Fourth announcing your participation or sponsorship. Doing this can help entice people to learn more about your company and buy your products.
- Generate patriotic content — Add patriotic content to your website to engage your users. You could make your content interactive by asking your users to answer patriotic trivia questions with a chance to earn a discount code for your products if they give the correct answers.
- Host a social media competition — Encourage your social media followers to take part in a contest that will entitle them to some simple prizes if they win. Consider asking people to submit pictures of them and their families dressed in red, white, and blue or of them visiting different parts of the country.