Content marketing involves creating, publishing, and distributing articles, creating infographics, recording podcasts, or making videos. This material is specifically aimed at attracting, engaging, and retaining customers. Content marketing continuously varies its techniques to achieve the business’ goals, depending on the time or season of the year.
During the holiday season, most people’s attention is on Christmas. To capitalize on this, marketers can create content that will help people feel the spirit of Christmas. This can translate into increased sales.
The following are some ways to switch up your content and make the most of the holiday season:
- Holiday videos – Whether this is the first time you are using video marketing, or you have included it regularly in your advertising, a Christmas marketing video is one of the best ways to deliver instructional material about your holiday products. Instructional content has been a very successful form of content marketing. You can make a video of how people use your product or highlight what makes it different from other similar products.
- Christmas branding – Your brand may already be recognized by consumers because it has remained unchanged for years. Remember, though, that change – even just temporary change – can be very good for a company. If you have ever entertained the idea of modifying your logo, Christmas is a great time to do it. Embellish your traditional logo with Christmas flourishes. In effect, your logo will be instilling Christmas cheer to your website’s visitors.
- Adjust your social media – Get your social media ready before the arrival of Christmas. Prepare some Christmas content early on and post it on your social media account as the holiday approaches. Be ready far in advance with a wintry picture of your products, so you aren’t scrambling to get your brand out there at the last minute.
- Curate product-specific wish lists – People usually make their own wish lists for the holidays, but they might not have time to create a list from your specific site. Prepare a curated wish list in your particular niche, and display it on your website. Have a well-known personality in your field tell the audience about what he or she wants for this upcoming Christmas. For example, if you are in the business of tennis apparel, invite a well-known tennis player to announce his or her wish list for this holiday season.
- Make Christmas relatable – Love abounds at Christmas time. Strengthen your ties with your customers by sharing a Christmas story from someone in your business organization. It could be the founder, company president, or an employee. These personal tales will help build relationships of trust with your target audience.
There are many ways of creating engaging content for Christmas. With a few well thought out modifications, your Christmas-themed content can help boost your business, attract new clients, and foster loyalty among current customers.